In 2022, the Avalanche won their third Stanley Cup championship, defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning in six games. Cale Makar won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP. Jared Bednar has been the Avalanche’s head coach since 2016. Under his leadership, the team returned to consistent playoff contention.
Young stars like Nathan MacKinnon, Mikko Rantanen, and Cale Makar have led the Avalanche’s resurgence in recent years. The team won the Presidents’ Trophy for the league’s best regular season record in 2020-21.
The Avalanche remain under the ownership of the Kroenke family. Stan Kroenke’s son Josh has taken over day-to-day operations in recent years as team president. In 2019, the Avalanche and Denver Nuggets reached a long-term agreement to remain playing in Denver through at least 2040.
Who Do Colorado Avalanche Play Next
The next opponent for the Colorado Avalanche is always where you begin your study if betting on the Avalanche is a notion you have under consideration. What do you know about this team?
Are they hot, or are they cooling off? Do they tend to give the Avalanche problems, or have they been serving as fodder for the Avs? If they are playing host to the Avs, are they a difficult home opponent to overcome? Should they be coming to Denver to play, check their road record, both for the season and in recent games. All of this information is vital to digest before any wager on a Colorado Avalanche game is undertaken.
Colorado Avalanche Game Schedule
Below you will find the Colorado Avalanche game schedule and this is more than merely a list of games, it is a fountain of information available to the dilligent bettor.
If wagering on the Colorado Avalanche is part of your plan, then knowing the ins and outs of Colorado’s schedule should be a mandatory pursuit. Are they a well-rested team, or one that is enduring a difficult stretch of several games in a short period of time? Are they on a lengthy road sojourn, or emabarking on a steady diet of home games? Every bit of this information is easily deciphered and absorbing it is time well spent, because an educated bettor tends to be a successful bettor.
Colorado Avalanche Standings Today
Here are the Colorado Avalanche standings. Situated in the NHL’s deep Central Division, the Avalanche face many difficult battles against tough divisional opponents.
They have to suit up six times each against teams like Chicago Blackhawks, Dallas Stars, St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild. Watch where the Avalanche are located not only within the division, but also realize their placing in the scrap for the two wildcard playoff positions in the NHL’s Western Conference. An NHL driven by the salary cap is an NHL featuring parity and the Avalanche can’t afford to take any opponent lightly, because the two points that are up for grabs in the next game could be the difference between skating in the playoffs or watching the post-season on television.
How To Make Money Betting On Colorado Avalanche
- Bet on them early in a playoff series, especially against Eastern Conference opponents. The high altitude in Denver can take a toll as a series wears on, giving the Avs an edge when teams first arrive.
- Back them as home favorites. The Avalanche have a passionate fan base and tend to play very well in front of the home crowd. Consider betting the puck line at home rather than just taking them on the moneyline.
- Target games after extended road trips. The Avalanche can struggle a bit coming home after long stretches away. Road weary opponents have a chance to surprise them in the first home game back.
- Fade them as road underdogs. Though much improved defensively, the Avs tend to struggle on the road, especially against elite defensive teams. Exercise caution backing them as dogs away from home.
- Bet the over. With all their offensive talent, the Avalanche are always capable of erupting. They play an uptempo style conducive to high-scoring games.