"The Baddest Man On The Planet" aka Mike Tyson returns to the ring for the first time in 15 years. It's an exhibition fight against Roy Jones Jr., who is coming out of retirement himself. If you need betting advice on the big fight, read this!
- 150% bonus up to $250
- 250% bonus up to $1000
- 3100% up to $1000
- 450% bonus up to $1000
- 5125% up to $2,500
- 650% up to $1000
- 7100% up to $300
- 8100% up to $500
- 9Up to $500 bonus
- 10100% FREE PLAY or 20% CASH
- 11100% up to $500 + $500 at BetDsi's Casino
- 1450% bonus up to $1000
Picks for the 2020 Kentucky Derby
Select your picks for the 2020 Kentucky Derby with the race approaching soon on September 5 at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. Up to 20 three-year-old Thoroughbred horses will Run for the Roses under the Twin Spires for the $3 million purse and historic immortality. Tiz the Law is the favorite in the 1 1/4-mile race. Keep reading for free Kentucky Derby expert picks.
|2020 Kentucky Derby Winner|
Tiz The Law
Since fans cannot be in attendance, make sure to choose the best online sportsbook to bet the 2020 Kentucky Derby online. Sportsbooks offer special bonuses, guarantees, and can even have Kentucky Derby handicapping contests. Some of the best horse-racing sportsbooks will offer plenty of promotions for the Kentucky Derby.
Kentucky Derby Predictions for 2020
The Kentucky Derby has been formful for several years, going to one of the top choices in the betting. In 2019, Country House was awarded the win following the disqualification of second choice Maximum Security. Country House was a big longshot, but if the disqualification hadn't happened he would not have won and the formful Derby would have continued. Favorites or top choices have won every year from 2013 to 2018.
This year, Tiz the Law is the heavy favorite, but the Kentucky Derby could be ripe for another longshot winner. Longshots used to happen quite regularly; no favorite won in the 2000s decade, and 50-1 Giacomo and 50-1 Mine That Bird both won within four years of each other. Since then the Derby has been chalky, but Country House's win via disqualification could have opened the door to more longshots galloping home to the wire.
Top Picks Kentucky Derby
The top horses for the 2020 Kentucky Derby are Tiz the Law, Authentic, King Guillermo, Art Collector, and Honor A. P.
Tiz the Law is a horse who has already won three Grade 1 races this year, at both 1 1/2 miles and the Kentucky Derby distance of 1 1/4 miles. He most recently took the historic Runhappy Travers Stakes (G1) at Saratoga on August 8. He defeated Caracaro in that race; that runner is also headed to the Kentucky Derby.
Trainer Bob Baffert has won the Kentucky Derby five times with Silver Charm, Real Quiet, War Emblem, Justify, and American Pharoah. He has two horses in the race: Authentic and Thousand Words.
Authentic won the TVG Haskell (G1) and Thousand Words, who was considered a top prospect in 2019, just defeated Honor A. P. in the Shared Belief Stakes. They are both being overlooked going into the Derby despite both winning their prep races.
Honor A. P. will be the third or fourth choice in the race following his win in the Runhappy Santa Anita Derby (G1) in early June at Santa Anita Park. He was not fully cranked when second in the Shared Belief and retains top jockey Mike Smith, who has won the Kentucky Derby twice.
Art Collector is the hometown choice. He won his last two races in Kentucky, defeating the favorite for the Kentucky Oaks, Swiss Skydiver, in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (G2) at Keeneland in July. He is on a winning streak for trainer Tom Drury and most recently won the Runhappy Ellis Park Derby.
The "wise guy" horse being talked about by many well-known handicappers is King Guillermo. He has been at Churchill Downs longer than any other contender and has been working well over the track. He won the Tampa Bay Derby (G2) in March and ran well in the Arkansas Derby (G1) as well.
Kentucky Derby Analysis
The field for the 2020 Kentucky Derby with jockeys and trainers is:
- Tiz the Law: Barclay Tagg / Manny Franco
- Art Collector: Tom Drury / Brian Hernandez, Jr
- Honor A. P.: John Shirreffs / Mike Smith
- Authentic: Bob Baffert / John Velazquez
- Thousand Words: Bob Baffert / Florent Geroux
- Caracaro: Gustavo Delgado / Javier Castellano
- King Guillermo: Juan Carlos Avila / Samy Camacho
- Max Player: Steve Asmussen / Ricardo Santana, Jr
- Dr Post: Todd Pletcher / Tyler Gaffalione
- Enforceable: Mark Casse / Adam Beschizza
- Ny Traffic: Saffie Joseph, Jr / Paco Lopez
- Shirl's Speight: Roger Attfield / Corey Lanerie
- Attachment Rate: Dale Romans / Joe Talamo
- Finnick the Fierce: Rey Hernandez / Martin Garcia
- Major Fed: Greg Foley / James Graham
- Necker Island: Chris Hartmann / Miguel Mena
- Rushie: Michael McCarthy / TBA
- Sole Volante: Patrick Biancone / Luca Panici
- Storm the Court: Peter Eurton / Julien Leparoux
- Winning Impression: Dallas Stewart / Joe Rocco, Jr.
Kentucky Derby Handicapping
Make your selections with our free Kentucky Derby handicapping:
- $20 Win: Tiz the Law and Authentic
- $10 Show: Honor A. P., Thousand Words, King Guillermo
- .20 cent Superfecta: Tiz the Law, Thousand Words, Honor A. P., King Guillermo, Winning Impression, and Storm the Court
- $5 Trifecta: Tiz the Law, Authentic, King Guillermo
- $1 Trifecta Box: Tiz the Law, Authentic, Honor A. P., Thousand Words
Kentucky Derby Exacta Picks
- $1 Exacta Box: Tiz the Law/King Guillermo
- $5 Exacta Key: Tiz the Law with King Guillermo, Authentic, and Thousand Words
Kentucky Derby Undercard Picks
Here are some picks for the Kentucky Derby undercard, which features rich races and some of the best horses in the world.
- Old Forester Turf Classic: Digital Age
- Alysheba: McKinzie
- Distaff Turf Mile: Beau Recall
- Pat Day Mile: Echo Town
- Derby City Distaff: Serengeti Empress
Category : NewsMore articles...
Check out the 2020-21 season betting picks. Who will win the College Basketball National Championship this time?
Check out the UFC 255 betting picks.
Two championship bouts — for both the men and women's flyweight — headline UFC 255, taking place on November 21. Here's a complete betting guide to the main card with free advice to make yourself money come fight night!
An eventful and unique horse race season draws to a close with the Breeders Cup Classic On November 7. Bettors looking to end the year on a high note should read this article first. We're previewing the big event as well as offering our expert gambling advice — all for free!